Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Flat and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies

Flat and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies


When I don't make Compost Cookies, (my general, go-to cookie of awesomeness)  my default chocolate chip cookie is Alton Brown's The Chewy.  I should just say, these are my ideal chocolate chip cookies- they're just right. Chewy, with a little bit of heft (you make them on the larger side) and just a little bit underbaked in the center. They are cookies that I compare all chocolate chip cookies to. 

 I am generally not a fan of flat, or crispy, or cake-y chocolate chip cookies, I mean, I'll eat them, but they aren't my absolute favorite.

These cookies are excellent.  Just the right amount of chewy, with a nice hit of saltiness, I can definitely see adding them to my cookie repertoire.  This is one of the two chocolate chip cookie recipes in the book, and I can definitely see why this one made it- it's a classic.  Not quite as good as the ideal, but definitely close.

For someone that is relatively practiced at cookie making, this recipe's a snap. Mix together ingredients, chill, and then bake.  My friends were appreciative!

2 comments:

  1. oh! can you send me the recipe please?

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://events.nytimes.com/recipes/11244/2006/01/22/Flat-and-Chewy-Chocolate-Chip-Cookies/recipe.html

    There's the link! If you aren't using Diamond Kosher Salt though, ratchet back the salt in it- otherwise they are too salty.

    ReplyDelete