Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Hot Cheese Olives- 2003

CHot Olives

Hot Olives is one of those dishes that sound... a little wrong. It brings to mind... I don't quite know.  I like olives that are warm in things, like puttanesca sauce, but I think the phrase hot olives just sounds strange. Disregarding the oddness of the name, this is one excellent appetizer. (plus, it's easy!)

You make a dough of butter, cheese flour, an egg, and a little cayenne,  let it sit, and then wrap the small, spanish olives in the cheesy dough.  At this point you can let them sit in the fridge, for up to a day. When you're ready to make them, you pop them in a hot oven, and 15 minutes later, you have an excellent hot appetizer. 

I served these at the beginning of a dinner party that I had over Thanksgiving weekend with my cousins, along with Deviled Almonds and Rum Punch.  Everybody enjoyed them!   Even my cousin who doesn't like olives thought they were okay. My dad really liked them too, and the next day kept asking me what else you could put the dough on, because it's so good.  It's cheesy, and has a nice hit of cayenne, and I agree, it would go well with a lot of different things. I'm going to figure out what would go best. (besides olives, of course)

Lots of holiday parties are coming up! You should add this to your repertoire. 



Hot olives 2

1 comment:

  1. I am going to attempt this recipe for a party I am having on Sunday and am looking forward to the cheesy goodness! This looks delicious....

    ReplyDelete