Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Mrs. Raymond Schenk's Pumpkin Cake - 1980

This time of year I have pumpkin on the brain.  Sweet, spiced pumpkin.  I really liked this cake because it was simple, easy to put together, and tasty.  It wasn't too sweet, and had a nice crumb.  I subbed out crasin for the raisins in the recipe, because I didn't have any raisins on hand, and I think I would definitely do it that way again (I might also add some chocolate chips)

IMG_2801


I don't know who Mrs. Schenk is, but she sure makes a delicious cake.  This recipe calls for a tube or bundt pan, but lacking one of those (I need to seriously start hitting some thrift stores to get baking supplies) I made mine in two loaf pans. That worked out though, because I brought one to work, and one to my theater company, so they could both enjoy some pumpkin goodness.

I think this would be a nice addition to thanksgiving dinner- especially for those people who like a more mellow dessert- this isn't too sweet, and is good with a cup of coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment