Monday, November 1, 2010

Gin Rickey- 1958

Can I tell you how excited I am that this book has a comprehensive Collection list of cocktails?   I am VERY happy.  I think that will be helpful as I forge my way through the giant book. I always like to try new drinks, and sidestepping the fact that it could get expensive,  I am looking forward to this part of the book a lot.

Gin Rickey

Gin Rickey Ingredients (minus the simple syrup)


I knew from the beginning that I was going to like this drink.  My favorite drink is a Gin and Tonic, and that's my default order whenever I go anywhere.  I used New Amsterdam Gin, which is my go-to inexpensive gin (although I bet a Gin Rickey would be delicious with Bombay Sapphire) 

My juice glasses are these canning jars, which I love, and I thought it looked nice in the glass when it was all put together: 
Gin Rickey 2




I really liked the flavor of this drink. With a G&T, you get a lot of the taste of tonic, and while I like tonic, the simplicity of the gin, the lime and the seltzer with the slight sweetness from the simple syrup was delightful. 

I may have had two, on a work night. Time will tell if I regret that choice in the morning. (I'm kind of a lightweight when it comes to drinking)

No comments:

Post a Comment