Monday, November 29, 2010

Salmon and Tomatoes in Foil- 2001

Salmon in Foil

On the night that I made the Pots de Fail, I also made a dinner that was not Epic Fail. In fact, It was the opposite of fail, because it was pretty all-around delicious.  

Some of the best recipes are just assembly. You make a foil packet, in to which you put oil, salmon, basil leaves, and cherry tomatoes (I used grape, which were excellent) top with salt and pepper, and then pop into a very hot oven for 8 minutes, and when you're done, you have a fragrant, delicious piece of fish, with tomatoes and basil.  The fish was excellent, and I was happy about that, but the best part of the dish for me was the tomatoes. They were soft, and almost sweet- they just kind of melted in your mouth. I kind of want to see of that would work If I just cooked them in foil on their own.... something to try this week with the leftover tomatoes. 

Definitely a make-again recipe! 

1 comment:

  1. it should work on their own, slightly steamed oven roasted tomatoes.

    ReplyDelete