Friday, November 26, 2010

Roasted Cauliflower

Roasted Cauliflower

Some of the dishes in this cookbook are ones I've made before, (over and over and over again)  It feels like kind of cheating to make them for The Project, like I should save them until I need a break from some of the crazier stuff in the book.  Oh well, some days you just need to eat roasted cauliflower for dinner.  This is one of my favorite things. I think I like roasted cauliflower (when done well) more than french fries.


It is so easy too- toss the florets in olive oil, salt and pepper them, and roast on a cookie sheet. Ta-da! excellent side dish to whatever you're having.  Some people sprinkle on cumin, or curry powder, or pimenton, but I like mine plain. 


Make this now- it's a healthy respite from the pounds of starches you've been eating!

2 comments:

  1. Finally made this and - with a nice balsamic vinegar as AH suggested - was indeed scrumptious (and very simple to make).

    ReplyDelete